Re: win32 and enchant

From: Dom Lachowicz (domlachowicz@yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Sep 09 2003 - 11:14:29 EDT

    Unix will use Enchant by default if it finds it. The
    Win32 build system does not yet use Enchant. This is
    planned to happen in the 2.1/2.2 branch.

    That said, Enchant does work on Win32, and
    theoretically supports all 4 providers (only Ispell
    and Myspell have been tested, though).

    Uspell probably will work there too. I haven't
    disabled it, and I've made sure that Uspell will build
    a DLL on Win32.

    Aspell might need a similar hack like the one that
    Andrew Dunbar added in the AbiWord pspell_checker.*
    files. Otherwise, it should work fine.

    Dom