Re: [Fwd: bug fix for 5730 breaks the build]

From: Kenneth J. Davis (jeremyd@computer.org)
Date: Fri Sep 12 2003 - 14:58:03 EDT

    Well Dom's committed patch is also wrong as it breaks my cygwin/MSVC
    builds. Can someone explain to me why the MinGW build needs two
    slashes(//) instead of one? [I know \ usually needs escaped but / ?]
    Personally I think the proper fix is to change the comment to the
    plugin is required and let the build fail than the committed workaround,
    as the plugin is now required on Windows. Anyway, please fix by
    either reverting the patches and changing the error message or
    wrap the weird double slash hack into the MinGW section and use a
    single slash for the other Windows compilers.

    Thanks,
    Jeremy
    :-)