Re: problem: windows does not render text properly

From: Jordi Mas (jmas@softcatala.org)
Date: Sat Sep 13 2003 - 14:45:00 EDT

    > Sorry but I agree with Dom. 2.0 should go out now. We'll fix more bugs later.

    This bug causes that loading a simple document some chars of text are missing.
    Been able to see a document is a very very basic feature of a word processor
    that we cannot accomplish right now on win32.

    Win32 users are usually not very familiar with free software. After reading
    2.0 announcement, if I download a 5Mb program, install it, and then I cannot
    even see a document properly I will be certainly not happy.

    We all work every hard for months to get 2.0. This bug makes us look silly.
    As the win32 maintainer my opinion is that win32 build is unusable for
    end-users and my recomendation is not publish a win32 binary until we have
    this bug fixed.

    Saying this, I'm not going to start a flame or an argument about when or not
    to release 2.0. I just guys want you to know my opinion.

    I'm going to see I'm able to see that is causing 5748.

    Thanks,

    --

    Jordi Mas i Hernāndez - Abiword developer - http://www.abisource.com jmas@softcatala.org - Softcatalā member - http://www.softcatala.org - Personal Homepage http://www.softcatala.org/~jmas