Re[2]: problem: windows does not render text properly

From: Kenneth J. Davis (jeremyd@computer.org)
Date: Sat Sep 13 2003 - 16:11:49 EDT

    On Sat, 13 Sep 2003 20:45:00 +0200 Jordi Mas <jmas@softcatala.org> wrote:

    JM> > Sorry but I agree with Dom. 2.0 should go out now. We'll fix more
    JM> bugs later.

    JM> As the win32 maintainer my opinion is that win32 build is unusable for
    JM> end-users and my recomendation is not publish a win32 binary until we
    JM> have this bug fixed.

    I agree with Jordi, the Windows build is Not ready for a 2.0 release;
    this should not hold up other platforms from a 2.0.0 release as we
    can make the Windows build available when we have a 2.0.1 release.
    I.e. do not make a public 2.0.0 Windows build available (except for those
    who want to test/help debug).

    For those who don't understand what we are talking about, see

    http://abiword.pchasm.org/screenshots/abi2-errors/

    which shows the loading of our build document and the effects of
    just loading, highlighting, and unhighlighting a chunk at the end
    of a line. That stated, it has improved quite a bit in the last
    2 weeks (thanks Martin & Jordi ...), but not yet to a point that
    it is ready for the average end user.

    Jeremy