Re: Arabic Lang shaping in AbiWord 2.0

From: msevior@physics.unimelb.edu.au
Date: Wed Sep 17 2003 - 06:25:58 EDT

    > Hi Isam,
    >
    > the whole of the shaping engine is in src/util/xp/ut_ContextGlyph.cpp
    >
    > I would really appreciate any fixes.
    >
    > Tomas
    >
    >> Hi there ..
    >> I just Downloaded and compiled AbiWord 2 (in Linux) .. it is really
    >>
    >> great.. accept that Arabic shaping is very buggy.. So I am interested
    >> in fixing that, please point me to the Shaping code/files and I wil
    >> work on fixing that, and submitting the patches to the abiword-dev
    >> list, or whereever you want the patches to be submited to.
    >>
    >> Thanks
    >> Isam Bayazidi

    Hi Isam,
            Thanks very much for your interest and offer of help. It is
    greatly appreciated. I'll help as much as I can but Tomas is the
    main man behind this.

    I have a further favour to ask. Could you point some Arabic speakers at
    AbiWord-2.0 to do a translation into Arabic for us?

    Hi Tomas,
             We're having trouble understanding the work you did in the
    Win32Graphics class with bidi. Can you look at the email's in the
    win32graphics thread and offer some comments/advice?

    Your help would be really appreciated.