Re: ATTN: intend to switch to the enchant spell checking engine

From: Dom Lachowicz (domlachowicz@yahoo.com)
Date: Thu Sep 18 2003 - 17:25:18 EDT

    > > Note that Enchant currently requires Glib-2.0, as
    > does
    > > the proposed switch to LibGSF. GLib-2.0 runs
    > nicely on
    > > at least Win32, Unix, and probably QNX and BeOS
    > too.
    > > Both sources and binaries are available for
    > Glib-2.0
    > > on these platforms.

    Also note that I'm willing to rewrite parts of enchant
    so that doesn't need glib-2.0 at all, provided we do
    it in an API/ABI compatible way. This probably
    wouldn't be *too* hard to do, given the following
    tools:

    std::vector
    std::string
    std::map
    dlopen/dlcompat
    #ifdef
    iconv/libiconv

    But then again, I don't see how requiring dlcompat and
    libiconv are really much better than requiring glib.

    But yes, until this happens, adding good documentation
    on glib-2.0 will be necessary. I'll add this in 2
    weeks.