Re: Requesting help for completing the missing translations

From: Jordi Mas (jmas@softcatala.org)
Date: Sun Sep 21 2003 - 03:30:00 EDT

    > If it is possible, please change to another translating management
    > method rather than current *mixed* with internal development.
    >
    > Under current situation, a translator must retrieve all the source from
    > your CVS, which is not applicable to every translator. (And, such an
    > operation is even not needed, only two .h files are used when generating
    > .pot) Translators are just translators, they are not developers.
    >
    > Turning to Gnome Translation Project would be better. Even you want to
    > serve the translation directly, you should just put out the POT directly
    > with fully comments, like www.mandrakelinux.com/l10n/zh_CN.php3

    I agree. I also always tougth that using the debug version to extract the
    English strings set was unnessary complicated for translations, and it's
    another example of how we are still assuming that translators are also developers.

    Jordi,

    --

    Jordi Mas i Hernāndez (homepage http://www.softcatala.org/~jmas) http://www.softcatala.org