Re: Requesting help for completing the missing translations

From: Mark Gilbert (markgilbert@hotpop.com)
Date: Thu Sep 11 2003 - 16:10:08 EDT

    Unfortunately our support for cjk and so-called "exotic" languages sucks
    right now. Translating the interface into, for example, Korean (whose
    fonts we struggle with according to some bugs), while certainly a plus,
    isn't all that priority until we can truly support word processing in
    these languages (more 'complete' rtl, a common complaint amongst Arabic
    users that I usually don't comprehend, proper font detection even given
    fontconfig, unicode on win32 is of course a big deal that will be taken
    care of by 2.2 afaih, and so on). Andrew, Tomas, even khp &co may be
    able to provide insight into these issues, but while the more fe
    translation the better, I really don't see it as a top priority for some
    of the languages listed UNTIL we can word process with them (at which
    time it will definitely be a priority).

    Regards
    -MG