Re: commit: partial fix for bug 3862

From: Andrew Dunbar (hippietrail@yahoo.com)
Date: Sun Sep 21 2003 - 18:46:54 EDT

     --- "Kenneth J. Davis" <jeremyd@computer.org> wrote:
    > Only active on Windows as we use peer iconv, which
    > includes the extra
    > DOS/Windows console codepage support; I'm not sure
    > if other platforms
    > normally include them, nor how to determine so in
    > the build
    > process/runtime. I also changed the text importer
    > to not fail on
    > control codes (0-0x1f), instead replace them with
    > '?'.

    This isn't the right fix I think. What you should do
    is find out exactly which control codes are needed and
    allow only those.
    OR
    It might be possible to pass a parameter to the
    importer to allow control codes only when dealing with
    this specific encoding.

    Andrew Dunbar.

    =====
    http://linguaphile.sf.net/cgi-bin/translator.pl http://www.abisource.com