Re: Enchant - list available dictionaries

From: Dom Lachowicz (domlachowicz@yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Sep 24 2003 - 22:16:14 EDT

    Enchant has a function called "enchant_dict_exists".
    You pass in a language tag and see if your language is
    supported.

    Gnome-Spell code essentially has what you want. I'm
    not willing to add it to enchant - it's too odd to do
    properly. Espescially for libraries like aspell that
    don't give you a call to enumerate their dicitonaries
    or supported languages.

    My suggestion is to go down the gnome-spell route if
    you need such a feature.

    Dom

    --- Torstein Sunde <torsteinsspambox@myrealbox.com>