Re: [Libwpd-devel] Commit: WP4.2 Support

From: william.lachance@sympatico.ca
Date: Sun Sep 28 2003 - 02:04:41 EDT

    I haven't had a chance to look at the code yet but, um, wow. :-) This is very cool Marc.

    Some quick comments:

    > - Added a WPDocument class, which automatically instantiates the right
    > parser for the given document (ie. the WP5 parser, WP6 parser or WP4.2
    > Parser).
    >
    > - The WPDocument _now_ assumes a document is in the WP4.2 format, when
    > the WP6 and WP5 parsers fail to recognize the file header. To be able to
    > detect if a file uses the WP4.2 format, some heuristics are needed (will
    > do ASAP), since WP4.2 files do not have a header indicating its format.

    This sounds fine. My only request would be to expose an interface to allow the user/application to specfically select the parser to be used (so we can allow the user to specifically say that they want to try importing the document as type WP4.x, even if e.g. our heuristic fails)

    > - Merged the WP6HLParser and WP6LLParser

    Hmm, I'm not too sure about this one. What's your rationale?

    > - I hope I didn't forgot to cvs add any files

    You can always do a clean checkout and see if it still builds..

    Thanks for the great work,

    William Lachance
    william.lachance@sympatico.ca