Re: Wanted: Abiword on Red Hat 9 HOWTO

From: Dom Lachowicz (domlachowicz@yahoo.com)
Date: Mon Sep 29 2003 - 10:28:49 EDT

    > 1) Where is the build document?

    docs/build/*

    > 2) I said "a page or paragraph". Is it not possible
    > to add it to the existing
    > document?

    I don't want to. The information is redundant.

    > 3) I also said I had no problems to build the RPMs
    > myself. I asked a complete
    > list of what is needed and volunteered to make
    > a (section of existing)
    > document for it,
    > to avoid other users the hassle to discover
    > dependencies one piece at a time

    A stock RH8 or RH9 machine, with Glib2/Gtk2 installed
    should be able to build AbiWord "out of the box."

    Many of the dependencies that you see may be specific
    to whomever built that set of RPMs for us. Their
    configurations and machines are almost always
    configured differently than a stock RH distro.

    Cheers,