Re: Problem with build system when cross-compiling

From: Wookey <wookey_at_aleph1.co.uk>
Date: Wed Aug 04 2004 - 11:45:37 CEST

+++ Daniel Glassey [04-08-04 08:38 +0100]:
> Hi,
> I don't know really what the deps problem is yet but alas I have more
> bad news. The build system isn't quite ready for cross compiling. The
> cdump tool is used later on in the build so that will fail since it is
> a non-native one.

That's not necessarily fatal - we can patch it to build cdump natively and
then run it on the build machine, although it may indeed be agravation.

> Actually, you might just like to try a clean build. I think I might
> have seen something like this before when things were cleaned up wrong.

It is a clean build - the system unpacks, patches, autoconfs and builds automagically

> it looks like they are created during configure
> config.status: executing depfiles commands

OK - that's a great help - thanx - now I know where to look. That bit runs
through and creates all the GNUmakfiles OK, but not the depfiles. I'll see
why.

thanx

Wookey