Re: Menu configuration

From: Martin Sevior <msevior_at_physics.unimelb.edu.au>
Date: Wed Dec 01 2004 - 01:54:57 CET

On Tue, 2004-11-30 at 19:49 +0100, Pablo León wrote:
> Hi all!
>
> I'm involved in a proyect that will use abiword as a text processor for
> a document management system. For that purpose I should limit the
> actions the user can perform. Is there a way to configure (or disable)
> abiword's menu items? If not, what do you think is the best way to
> acomplish this?
>
> Also, the ability to include protected text (aka external fields) would
> be nice for this proyect. Any suggestion on how to achieve this?

Hi Pablo,
         It is rather easy to reconfigure the menus. They're all defined
via header file(s).

Look at:

abi/src/wp/ap/xp/ap/ap_Menu_Layouts_MainMenu.h

I think you'll be able to work out how to use it in a few minutes.

You might also want to play with the context menus (the ones you get
when you right click). See

abi/src/wp/ap/xp/ap_ML_Context*.h

Regarding protected fields, I guess you mean uneditable text of some
sort?

I suspect you have to invent a new text property, "protected", that can
be applied to text runs (like font,font size,..). If the crant is within
these disable text insertion or deletion.

So you'll need to define a new method in the
abi/src/text/fmt/xp/fv_View.h

FV_View class, called

FV_View::isInProtected(PT_DocPosition pos)

Which returns true if the document position is within a range of
protected text.

If it is disable the text insert and delete functions

abi/src/wp/ap/xp/ap_EditMethods.cpp

( just return out of defun(insertData), defun(delLeft), defun(delRight)
and if isInProtected() is true)

You'll also have work out a UI for enable and disabling the protection.