Re: New export plugin : export using a remote filters server

From: Martin Sevior <msevior_at_physics.unimelb.edu.au>
Date: Wed Dec 01 2004 - 05:38:35 CET

On Tue, 2004-11-30 at 20:55 +0100, Michel Strasser wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I made a set of libraries / programs / abiword plugin that may interrest you.
>
> It allows the user to access a wide variety of filters since
> those are not a same machine...
>
> For more infos :
> http://thebirdslake.free.fr/Abiword/index.htm
>
> Any comments are welcome.

This is extremely cool! I'm not sure how useful it is and I worry about
security implementation but it's definately a cool idea. I gather that
what you have already is a frame work for converting AbiWord documents
to a variety of CSS-HTML templates. This is very interesting in itself.

Please point us to the source code for your plugin and I'll take a look.

I'm not sure about using the a peer-to-peer network though. Many people
have the appropriate ports blocked. It might be better to have a "browse
for plugins plugin" which looks at a central website.