Re: commit: Fix 7958 and other text box bugs

From: <sum1_lists_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Fri Dec 10 2004 - 20:59:59 CET

msevior@physics.unimelb.edu.au wrote:
> Fix 7958 and other text box bugs.
>
> These include: 1. Caret disappears when a text box is selected.
> 2. Selecting a text box then pressing a key deletes the text box and
> inserts the character from the key.
> 3. Pressing delete with th etext box selected delets the text box.

The behavior after this commit is unintuitive. After you first 'draw' a
textbox and go to type a letter the textbox is deleted; similarly, after
you move or resize a textbox and go to type some text, it's deleted. I
think if a textbox is selected and a character is typed, the text should
be inserted into the textbox with only backspace and delete removing it
(the only exception I can see for this is if select all or something
similar is used). Just my two cents ;).