Re: commit: stylist dialog box localisation fixes

From: <sum1_lists_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Mon Dec 20 2004 - 13:40:17 CET

--- Jordi Mas <jmas@softcatala.org> wrote:

> > It looks like the addition of "TVS_SINGLEEXPAND"
> > breaks the MinGW build as I receive an error after
> cvs
> > updating and using 'make realclean' (removing that
> > attribute allows it to compile):
> >
> > In file included from Win32Main.rc:24:
> > ../../../af/util/win/ut_Win32Resources.rc2:67:33:
> > warning: no newline at end of file
> > Win32Main.rc:0: fatal error: when writing output
> to :
> > Invalid argument
> > compilation terminated.
> > Using `d:\mingw\bin\gcc -E -xc -DRC_INVOKED
> > -I../../ap/win -I../../../af/xap/win
> > -I../../../af/util/win Win32Main.rc'
> > Using popen to read preprocessor output
> > d:\mingw\bin\windres.exe:
> > ../../ap/win/ap_Win32Res_DlgStylist.rc2:47: parse
>
> Sorry, I do not have/use MingGW.
>
> I added TVS_SINGLEEXPAND because it makes sense just
> to click on the parent to
> open a child item when brosing the styles. This

I agree that it makes sense; I just want that
functionality to work with MinGW too :).

> style was introduced on Win32
> long time ago. It's value is:
>
> #define TVS_SINGLEEXPAND 0x0400
>
> Are you using the lastest version of MingGW or an
> old version?

I believe I'm using the latest version - 3.1.0-1
according to the file name of the .exe; I also have an
updated w32api, an updated gcc, and updated binutils.
It failed with that error when I used 'make realclean'
and included commctrl.h and winresrc.h in the .rc2
file, however the build succeeds when including the
above #define (including the single click expansion in
the stylist). Would it be desirable to add something
like the following to the rc2 file?

#ifndef TVS_SINGLEEXPAND
#define TVS_SINGLEEXPAND 0x0400
#endif

(the syntax may be off, but you can get the gist)