Re: Commit (GTK24): GtkFileSelection -> GtkFileChooser

From: Alan Horkan (horkana_at_maths.tcd.ie)
Date: Sun Feb 22 2004 - 12:09:22 EST

    On Sun, 22 Feb 2004, Marc Maurer wrote:

    > Date: Sun, 22 Feb 2004 00:49:11 +0100
    > From: Marc Maurer <j.m.maurer_at_student.utwente.nl>
    > To: abiword-dev_at_abisource.com
    > Subject: Commit (GTK24): GtkFileSelection -> GtkFileChooser
    >
    > First sensible commit to this branch: replace GtkFileSelection with
    > GtkFileChooser, yay! Not tested in full depth, but seems to work nice,
    > even the image preview.
    >
    > Goody: http://130.89.227.64/uwog/AbiFileChooser.png

    Man that's ugly (no fault of yours but it is).

    The buttons are inconsistantly sized.
    The save as file type widget should be justfied to fit the
    available space instead of having all that dead space.

    It says current folder instead when Location would have been a much better
    and more succint description. The location string isn't editable.

    The new button is dangerously close to the X in the corner that closes the
    window, and I'm sure I will slip and hit it at least once by mistake.

    Oh well, at least the API is stable and improvements can be made without
    causing Abiword unnecessary hassle.

    -- Alan