Re: The TOC Dialogue

From: msevior_at_physics.unimelb.edu.au
Date: Sat Feb 28 2004 - 00:19:33 EST

    > On Sat, 2004-02-28 at 00:19, Charles Goodwin wrote:
    >> I'm just installing glade so I can do a mockup of sorts.
    >
    > Please find it both attached and online at:
    > http://www.charlietech.com/tmp/toc-mockup.png
    >
    > Please note:
    > * I've never used glade before
    > (how do you lose those damned checkbox labels?)
    > * I've in no-way attempted to make this HIG compliant
    > * There's probably something obvious missing from it
    > (isn't there always?)
    > --

    Hi Charlie,
                 Hmm this dialog also doesn't expose all the functionality of
    our feature. The user has to be able to choose the style of
    the displayed heading. Also the type of numbering for the
    headings, whether the levels are threaded, the srtyle of the
    page number and the type of leader for the TAB.

    I'm not a big fan of this one.

    Try again with a well defined way to expose all the functionality. (Use
    cascading dialogs or "advanced" tabs if you must).

    Believe me the use-cases I want for this dialog (Ph.D. theses) needs all
    these features.

    Martin