Re: Question about dialog code

From: Marc Maurer (j.m.maurer_at_student.utwente.nl)
Date: Wed Jan 07 2004 - 18:54:05 EST

    Hi Nathan!

    > > First, which is a good example dialog box in abiword
    > > that I could look at to get an idea of how these
    > > dialog boxes are usually done?
    >
    > src/af/xap/unix/xap_UnixDlg_*.cpp
    > src/wp/ap/unix/ap_UnixDialog_*.cpp

    A simple one to start with would be the InsertBreak dialog. All dialogs
    have a similar structure (Besides the Preferences and Styles dialogs
    maybe, they are quite a mess).

    > > Second, what do you mean by your last sentence:
    > > > I personally advocate using the
    > > > Gnome build and the GnomePrintDialog.
    > > What are these? Where do I find them?

    As dom said, configure using --enable-gnome, compile abiword, and open
    up the print dialog or the print preview dialog. It's quite nice, you
    should try it :)

    Marc