Re: We're removed from FC2 ?

From: Jeremy Katz (katzj_at_redhat.com)
Date: Wed Jan 28 2004 - 18:25:58 EST

    On Wed, 2004-01-28 at 14:25, Dom Lachowicz wrote:
    > > I'm still investigating, but the root of this seems
    > > to be some libcroco
    > > dependency (where does it come from?) and gtk+ 2.3
    >
    > libcroco is a CSS/CSS2 parsing library. AbiWord does
    > not depend upon it. LibRSVG *optionally* depends upon
    > it. One of AbiWord's *optional* plugins depends on
    > RSVG. Theoretically this would affect *all* of the
    > Gnome platform and not just AbiWord, since all of
    > Gnome *requires* librsvg. I don't hear for anyone
    > asking for the removal of Nautilus, Evolution,
    > GnomePanel, etc... from FC2. So if we're getting
    > removed because of an optional-optional dependency, I
    > call "shenanigans" and I'm going to get my broom...

    Optional optional that's picked up by default when you have
    librsvg2-devel in the buildroot (which it is, and I've buildrequired in
    the past to ensure that there is svg support)

    > > Any of you guys can test weather AbiWord works with
    > > gtk+ 2.3 ?
    >
    > Yeah, it does.

    At runtime, yes. At compile-time, no. gtk_combo_box (which was sucked
    in from gal) conflicts with the real gtk_combo_box in gtk+ 2.3. I
    started working on fixing this last night and just didn't get it all
    worked out.

    Anyway, as I said a little later, this is temporary until I get the
    round 'tuits. No conspiracies here, just me lacking time as usual :/

    Jeremy