Translating Abiword to Lingala

From: Ingo Lantschner (Lists) (ingo.lists_at_vum.at)
Date: Sat Jan 31 2004 - 17:59:01 EST

    Hi all,
    I followed the instructions on the webpage, downloaded the cvs-tree and
    have now a li-CD.po (Lingala in Congo-Kinshasa). Some questions arise:

    1. Is it possible to test if we are doing it right with just a part of the
    file already translated?

    2. It would be much easyer, if the msgid would be in French and not
    English - is this possible?

    3. Is there a way to start with the most important parts (Menu-entries
    f.e.) and leave other, more not so often used dialogs for later? How can I
    identify f.e. the Menus and Submenues?

    Thanks for any comments, Ingo.