Re: Is there any project going on related to HWP (Hancom) file format?

From: Jeongkyu Kim <unmewe_at_sbcglobal.net>
Date: Tue Jul 27 2004 - 17:58:42 CEST

Dom Lachowicz wrote:

>Hi Jeongkyu,
>

>>And I am interested
>>in bringing up HWP (Hancom) file format filter
>>functionality into
>>OpenOffice.org. During the basic research, I found a
>>

>We never did much more than just read the text out of
>Hancom documents. They keep a copy of their document's
>text in an OLE2 stream named "PrvText". The text's
>encoding is UCS2-LE.

Hi Dom,

Thanks for your kind explanation. I got better understanding of the
source (ie_imp_hancom.cpp) now.

>Bart Decrem no longer works for Hancom. I doubt that I
>still have an offer to see their documentation, or
>access to free license keys. I really wish that I
>could be more helpful here :)
>
>Best regards,
>Dom

I feel sorry we lost a chance. :-( I believe the issue is not a license
key but getting their documentation. As far as I know, they are not
willing to open their file format.

Please let me know if you have any news.

Regards,
-Jeongkyu