Re: Date of 2.2 release.

From: <msevior_at_physics.unimelb.edu.au>
Date: Tue Jun 22 2004 - 16:31:45 CEST

> On Sun, Jun 20, 2004 at 02:09:21PM +1000, msevior@physics.unimelb.edu.au
> wrote:
>>
>> So the upshot of this is that I think we can seriously aim for a 2.2
>> release on August 31st. I feel confident we will have a wonderful
>> program
>> that we can all be proud of by then. I'm certain that we will still have
>> bugs on August 31st but there is a good chance they will be small enough
>> that we can live with them.
>>
>> What do people think?
>
> I could live with that date for a simultaneous gnumeric-1.4 release
> It's a stretch given that there is no windows build yet, but it is
> tantilizingly close.

Hi Jody,
        I was going to take up this conversation on the gnome-office list
once we'd reached concensus here.

I'm glad you think you can make it. I believe that Tomas's plan for code
tag for 2.2 on August 31st followed by binary building and organizing of
release material also makes sense. I guess that would give you more time
too.