Re: The TOC Dialogue

From: Charles Goodwin (charlie_at_xwt.org)
Date: Mon Mar 01 2004 - 09:08:08 EST

    On Sat, 2004-02-28 at 14:13, msevior_at_physics.unimelb.edu.au wrote:
    > The devil is in the details. If jump into this battle you gotta go all the
    > way and not just wave your hands....

    Be careful what you wish for:
    http://www.charlietech.com/tmp/toc-mockup2a.png
    http://www.charlietech.com/tmp/toc-mockup2b.png
    http://www.charlietech.com/tmp/toc-mockup2c.png

    On the third one, I just copied the fields from other proposals. I
    don't really understand or agree with some of them:

     o Shouldn't the fill style and display style fields be option menus
        instead of text fields?
     o What is 'fill style' and it's difference from the display style?
     o Should the indent also have an option of being either absolute or
        relative to previous level?

    If you noted the abscense of the header style, my thoughts on that were
    to have it as part of the option menu alongside the levels.

    I kept the preview pane out of the tabpane as it's always relevant.

    --
    - Charlie

    Charles Goodwin <charlie_at_xwt.org> Online @ http://www.charlietech.com