Re: The TOC Dialogue

From: msevior_at_physics.unimelb.edu.au
Date: Mon Mar 01 2004 - 13:19:37 EST

    > On Sat, 2004-02-28 at 14:13, msevior_at_physics.unimelb.edu.au wrote:
    >> The devil is in the details. If jump into this battle you gotta go all
    >> the
    >> way and not just wave your hands....
    >
    > Be careful what you wish for:
    > http://www.charlietech.com/tmp/toc-mockup2a.png

    There is no need for this first one. A TOC is inserted immediately into
    the document at the current cursor location via "Insert Table of Contents"
    in the Insert Menu.

    > http://www.charlietech.com/tmp/toc-mockup2b.png

    There is no need for this dialog either. All levels are selected via a
    definable styles. We have no need for excluding levels.

    > http://www.charlietech.com/tmp/toc-mockup2c.png

    OK this comes close but it's missing....

    1. The Text at the top.

    ie "Table Of Contents"
    or "List of Figures"
    or "List of Equations"
    or "Pages with My Favourite Styles in them"

    (Default is "Table of Contents")

    Plus you need to define a style to display this text.

    2. The (optional) Numbering can be one of any of the different footnote
    types.

    There can be text before and after the numbering.