Re: The TOC Dialogue

From: Charles Goodwin (charlie_at_xwt.org)
Date: Mon Mar 01 2004 - 13:37:20 EST

    On Mon, 2004-03-01 at 18:19, msevior_at_physics.unimelb.edu.au wrote:
    > > http://www.charlietech.com/tmp/toc-mockup2a.png
    >
    > There is no need for this first one. A TOC is inserted immediately into
    > the document at the current cursor location via "Insert Table of Contents"
    > in the Insert Menu.

    Ok, will review.

    > > http://www.charlietech.com/tmp/toc-mockup2b.png
    >
    > There is no need for this dialog either. All levels are selected via a
    > definable styles. We have no need for excluding levels.

    That was supposed to be an easy way to select what styles you wanted to
    use to draw up your TOC... it was ambiguously titled. The 'Available
    Levels' should have been 'Source Styles'. The idea being the levels are
    derived from the left-hand list, with all unused styles being in the
    right-hand list.

    It's just an elegant way to select the styles you want to form your
    table of contents. I would have added some example items in the lists
    but it wasn't immediately obvious how to do it in glade.

    > > http://www.charlietech.com/tmp/toc-mockup2c.png
    >
    > OK this comes close but it's missing....
    >
    > 1. The Text at the top.

    That was on 2a. ;)

    > Plus you need to define a style to display this text.

    Select 'Heading' from the option menu in 2c?

    > 2. The (optional) Numbering can be one of any of the different footnote
    > types.
    >
    > There can be text before and after the numbering.

    Um... I just copied those fields from your own mockup.

    --
    - Charlie

    Charles Goodwin <charlie_at_xwt.org> Online @ http://www.charlietech.com