Re: Serious issues with abiword on windows using non-standard typefaces

From: Marc Maurer (j.m.maurer_at_student.utwente.nl)
Date: Sun Mar 14 2004 - 08:18:17 EST

    Hi Marv,

    > But there are problems. I think they derive from my choice of fonts, but
    > I could be way off base. Lines disappear from my display. Very bad. I am
    > never sure if the damn flaky piece o' crap has dropped data or what.

    We are not waiting for these kind of responses. If you can't type
    anything constructive, please refrain from typing at all.

    Imaging our (my) situation: hack abi in our spare time, often till deep
    into the night, sleep somewhat, wake up again, check mail, see the
    result of SPARE TIME WORK BEING CALLED a "damn flaky piece o' crap". We
    have no obligation to deliver ANYTHING you would like to see. Unless you
    paid us to fix it for example. We don't have to learn any lesson,
    deliver anything even remotely usable, etc etc etc.

    Say, I intended to fix it today, then after this message, I _certainly_
    would not fix it anymore. Of course, you're in luck, since this issue
    has been resolved :)

    Now, thanks for using AbiWord. We love to see feedback from our users. I
    normally don't write rants, but this one was one too many. I still love
    you, truly I do...

    Marc