Re: Commit (HEAD): Psion exporter enhancements

From: Marc Maurer (j.m.maurer_at_student.utwente.nl)
Date: Fri Mar 19 2004 - 16:57:48 EST

    [snip]

    > Once I am finished with the Psion importer/exporter for HEAD (it should
    > not take too long anymore, most of the work is finished), we could port
    > it to AbiWord 2.0. After that, we could get rid of the AbiWord Psiconv
    > CVS tree (except that it would still be needed for pre-2.0 AbiWord
    > versions). I am not sure, though, about the policies of changing the
    > stable tree, so this might not be a good idea.

    Since this is a plugin, we don't really mind it to be updated to use psiconv 0.9.x in STABLE. We did a similar jump for the wordperfect importer using libwpd. When you are comfortable enough with it, it can go into stable, and we can remove the psiconv peer module. As for older version of abi requiring an older psiconv: it was distributed in some of the old tarballs iirc. And 1.0.x is unsupported anyway.

    Bye!
      Marc