Re: releasing 2.1.2 in 2 weeks ?

From: Marc Maurer (j.m.maurer_at_student.utwente.nl)
Date: Wed Mar 31 2004 - 05:47:37 EST

    > Can we get the binaries built faster or more easily?

    Well, we depend on certain people making the packages. That's because A)
    I/we trust those people B) they make good quality packages....

    B is especially important: the last few releases, we've had 0 bad
    packages, where in the past, we got quite some complaints when the
    packages were made by, erm, 'random' people...

    > I can do fedora core 1 since Rui seems to have problems with them now.

    Please make very sure you are on a stock FC1 system. When you have
    installed stuff from rawhide for example, there's quite a good change
    that a stock Fedora user will NOT be able to install the packages.
    Furthermore, make sure you have the lastest libwpd(-devel),
    enchant(-devel), AikSaurus(-devel) and AikSaurus-GTK(-devel) rpm's
    installed.

    Finally, when you've made the package, please list the dependencies the
    package has (ie. packages not available in the default RH install)...
    most likely these deps will be the packages i mentioned above.

    > I'll use the spec file from the fedora test 2 srpm. So these will be
    > gnome-only with the plugins and embedded file rolled into single rpm. I
    > think users appreciate the convenience of a one-click download.

    hmm...... dunno about that one... That spec is for STABLE, and not HEAD.

    > PS. The OSX binary for 2.1.1 is by FAR the biggest download target.

    Yay! ;)

    > Also windows binaries seem to take ages.

    Hardware issue @ KJD, so just a bit of bad luck....

    Marc