Re: releasing 2.1.2 in 2 weeks ?

From: Rui Miguel Seabra (rms_at_1407.org)
Date: Wed Mar 31 2004 - 06:40:24 EST

    On Wed, 2004-03-31 at 12:47 +0200, Marc Maurer wrote:
    > > I can do fedora core 1 since Rui seems to have problems with them now.
    >
    > Please make very sure you are on a stock FC1 system. When you have
    > installed stuff from rawhide for example, there's quite a good change
    > that a stock Fedora user will NOT be able to install the packages.
    > Furthermore, make sure you have the lastest libwpd(-devel),
    > enchant(-devel), AikSaurus(-devel) and AikSaurus-GTK(-devel) rpm's
    > installed.

    I have maintained a stock FC1 system at home, my multimedia workstation
    (which can't compile and play dvds at the same time ;)).

    What's not stock is Aiksaurus, enchant and libwpd iirc.

    Also important is to sign releases.

    Hugs, Rui

    > > I'll use the spec file from the fedora test 2 srpm. So these will be
    > > gnome-only with the plugins and embedded file rolled into single rpm. I
    > > think users appreciate the convenience of a one-click download.

    Users would appreciate more if we could have apt-get and yum repo's for
    abiword releases.

    Rui

    + So let's do it...?

    Please AVOID sending me WORD, EXCEL or POWERPOINT attachments. See http://www.fsf.org/philosophy/no-word-attachments.html