Re: commit: Fix 6839 images inside text boxes disappear.

From: <msevior_at_physics.unimelb.edu.au>
Date: Sat May 29 2004 - 06:48:32 CEST

> On Fri, 2004-05-21 at 15:17 +1000, Martin Sevior wrote:
>
>> CVS: Modified Files:
>> CVS: text/fmt/xp/fp_Run.cpp wp/impexp/xp/ie_imp_RTF.cpp
>> CVS:
>> Fix 6839 images inside text boxes disappear.
>>
>> This was caused by a regression in our RTF importer that prevented
>> images exported by our RTF exporter being able to be imported.
>>
>> This in turn was caused by deliberately ignoring the /*/shppict keyword.
>>
>> Did you do that Hub? Why?
>

> Actually the change was deliberate. I have plenty of reason and was
> working on a fix for that, a fix that happen to be longer at each stage,
> before I had to dig into 8 days of full real life without touching a
> computer (but ATMs :-§ ).
>
> The revision commit is here:
>
> revision 1.286
> date: 2004/04/30 17:48:29; author: hub; state: Exp; lines: +203 -36
> Fix a bug where image where imported twice but was hidden by
> a bug where image hex was dumped in the text (due to wrong
> \shp handling)
> Import MetaData from RTF.
>
> Current work make shppict being handled more correctly. It should be
> noted that something is done wrong: you consider shppict == Text Boxes
> in AbiWord. This is wrong, since Text Boxes in AbiWord do more than whan
> RTF shppict does. (or I miss something in the RTF 1.7 spec).
>
> Expect that this patch gets reverted by my next RTF commit sometime next
> week (I merely not have time in the next days to work on that).

Hi Hub,
       I checked what MSWord does. It definately exports textbox as
shppict but I think there is an extra construct I didn't understand
that has the same info. MSWord is very good about backward
compatibility and often exports RTF with the obselete as well as
the current means of presenting the document.

I'll check one day which is which.

Martin