zoom (was Re: commit (head): 7610)

From: Tomas Frydrych <tomasfrydrych_at_yahoo.co.uk>
Date: Mon Nov 01 2004 - 10:07:12 CET

On win32 zooming is meant to be done by changing the relative extents
of the viewport and of the window; adopting this mechanism should not
only get rid of the hinting problem, but we would get completely rid
of the tlu -> tdu conversions, since by setting the extents of window
and viewport appropriately will allow us to feed the win32 API our
layout units.

In order to do this, all zoom scalling would have to be moved inside
the platform graphics classes -- in essence, all the tlu() and
related methods should be protected.

I need to grep throught the code to see what would need to be
changed; a quick scan through some of the files suggests this might
not be as much XP work as I initially though; my main concern is the
effect this would have on the other platforms.

Tomas