Re: RFC: 2.3 feature list

From: Hubert Figuiere <hfiguiere_at_teaser.fr>
Date: Tue Nov 23 2004 - 03:28:15 CET

> > On the back-end side:
> > 1. getting rid of UT_String
> > 2. getting rid of these multiple hash tables
> > 3. unit testing the framework
> > 4. refactor dialogs
> >
> > Some may be ambitious.
> >

> Hub, this needs to be features that coders _plan_ on doing reasonably.
> Are these all things that you personally intend to do or are they things
> you'd like to see done? That makes a big difference.

Some core stuff I'd like to see done. I could do them myself off-course
but my current schedule is totally unclear as I miserably failed to do
the stuff I somewhat committed to do. But I was speaking for the whole
project.

> > BTW, I'd like to switch to a time based release.
>
> Follow my lead, and stick to reasonable estimates of your time and how
> you want to spend it, and you'll get that and better.

I said "I'd like" not "do it". Switching to time based release can be
ambitious. We already trie with 2.2 that we wanted to ship 1 yr after
2.0, but in fact is more that 18 months.

Things are not easy given that we are all volunteers and don't
necessarily have fixed schedule.

Cheers

Hub

--