Re: RFC: 2.3 feature list

From: Mark Gilbert <mg_abimail_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Tue Nov 23 2004 - 05:02:51 CET

On Tue, 2004-11-23 at 04:55 +0100, J.M. Maurer wrote:
> > I'm not sure how small I'd call supporting an MDI. Lord knows how many
> > bugs in our viewer/listener system will come to light when we try to
> > start supporting these things.
>
> Actually, it's almost trivial. Actually, my RC code _started out_ with
> the split screen functionality showing multiple views. Abi was always
> designed for such a purpose.

I know it was designed for this, but since noone's actually heavily used
this and used it in this manner, I just don't know how many bugs are
going to come to light because of it. But I'm not objecting to it right
now, just pointing out that I'd hesitate to use the word "small" to
describe it (-:

Also, if we do choose to think of it as benefitting from the rc work,
which isn't too errant a choice, and given that there's so much else on
everyone's mind (ie, endblocks, repeating table rows, etc), would it
necessarily be a bad idea to let rc be pounded on by qa and users for a
cycle and push the expansion of multiview usage to encompass tabbed
editing to the next milestone? Again, not raising objection, just
trying to raise some questions.

> > > 9. Repeating table rows on pages
> >
> > ...what?
>
> ... like table rows marked as 'headers' which are always at the top of
> the table on every page...

Oh, okay, I get it. I hope this isnt as flaky as the shadow hdrftr
business (not that I know of a better way of doing it).

Thanks for the explanation
-MG