Re: RFC: 2.3 feature list

From: Kenneth J. Davis <PerditionC_at_attglobal.net>
Date: Tue Nov 23 2004 - 15:34:39 CET

> 3. Enchant on win32
> I would quite like to see this, to be able to make use of any
> system/other spell-checking libs, just as fjf is doing on the Mac,
> but have not investigated the feasibility/real usefulness.

Win32 does not use Enchant because it is dependant on glib. If it
wasn't then the Win32 build would already be using it. Last I looked
(which has been a while, so things may be different now) it was not too
much work to switch the Win build over. While using Enchant would be
useful, not so much (IMO) it'd be worth it to add the glib dependency.

While there is much I'd like to see done and do, I really haven't the
time lately, so I trust y'all will make appropriate choices, and I will
try to assist as I can.

Jeremy
:-)