Re: Decisions, Decisions: AbiWord Icons and Branding for 2.2

From: Charles Goodwin <charlie_at_vexi.org>
Date: Mon Oct 04 2004 - 10:57:55 CEST

On Sun, 2004-10-03 at 21:25 -0500, Ryan Pavlik wrote:
> So let me know how you guys feel on this matter.

I think the problem is the placement of the pen, which I think conflicts
with the shape of the A as well as being too small. You may be better
off going for something more similar to the splash, basically focusing
on the nib rather than trying to include the whole pen. You may find
the nib to scale much better to small sizes than a whole pen. Also, you
can (and should) place the nib (or pen) behind the A as it should be
complimenting the swoosh A, whereas currently the overlay dominates it.

--
- Charlie
Charles Goodwin <charlie@vexi.org>