scarey [was Re: New build of CocoaAbi]

From: Alan Horkan <horkana_at_maths.tcd.ie>
Date: Thu Oct 14 2004 - 16:57:50 CEST

On Wed, 13 Oct 2004, Francis James Franklin wrote:

> Date: Wed, 13 Oct 2004 01:36:30 +0100
> From: Francis James Franklin <postmaster@alinameridon.plus.com>
> To: AbiWord-Dev list <abiword-dev@abisource.com>
> Subject: New build of CocoaAbi
>

> Available from the usual place: http://www.crazy-wormhole.com/download/
>
> Has exciting new Tool Palette feature - see snapshot on:
> http://www.crazy-wormhole.com/

screenshot of Abiword on OS X with palettes
http://www.crazy-wormhole.com/download/ToolPalette.png

The horror.
I honestly cannot believe you did that.

It is like looking at the bastard child of Abi the Ant and Wilber the Gimp
on Apple.

You have a huge screen I dread to think how/if this would work on a
smaller screen size.

I really hope that this is not the default and that these palettes are
really just more powerful flexible versions of toolbars. I hope it it is
possible to setup abiword so that it is not wildly inconsistant with how
it looks on other platforms, which is as close as I can manage to
constructive criticims. If this is not how it will look by default then I
am overreacting but that screenshot is terrifying and I fear the worst.

Sincerely

Alan Horkan
http://advogato.org/person/AlanHorkan/