Re: commit: abi & abipbx: FV_View methods and new CocoaAbi Properties palette

From: Francis James Franklin <postmaster_at_alinameridon.plus.com>
Date: Mon Oct 25 2004 - 10:39:30 CEST

Hi Martin,

Ah, thanks for the comments. I've been meaning to talk to you about it,
but I still trying to work out exactly how I want to do this. (I'm very
new to this side of Abi.)

The first method, getAllAttrProp(), is fairly trivial. For ages I've
wanted to be able to see during run-time exactly what the current set
of properties is, without having to spam UT_DEBUGMSG. To this end I've
added a little table to the CocoaAbi palette which displays them
continuously, getting them via the above method.

I'm not sure what to do about selections, though; I would like some way
to merge two property sets with a result of all properties specified
and whether they have mixed or same values...

The others... well, I really don't know the best way to go about this.
I dislike specifying properties at inline/block level which match the
current default from the document style. For example, if using Normal
with black, non-italic, non-bold text, then there is a difference
between specifying "color: #000000; font-style: normal; font-weight:
normal" and just leaving it alone.

I would like to be able to remove all instances of a property from the
current selection; I guess there's already a way to do this.

Musing, Frank