Re: commit: abi & abipbx: FV_View methods and new CocoaAbi

From: <msevior_at_physics.unimelb.edu.au>
Date: Mon Oct 25 2004 - 00:17:33 CEST

> Couldn't find what I wanted in FV_View so I've written 3 new methods,
> but I've marked these as experimental for now because I want to make
> sure they work.
>
> o FV_View: add three new methods:
> - getAllAttrProp: get all properties associated with current location
> - queryCharFormat: determine whether a property is specified explicitly
> o normal.awt template location code in PD_Document was not fully XP
> o CocoaAbi
> - add new property inspector palette to tool palette
> - add switches to indicate whether color&bgcolor are set explicitly
> - only include files containing substring ".awt" in template list
> - new icon associated with .bak~ and .CRASHED extensions

HI Frank,
         I'll look at these carefully soon. There are a couple of things
you need to watch out for.

1. _findBlockAtPosition can return a NULL pointer if the point is exactly
in the wrong position or if the piecetable and layouts are not yet fully
stablized after a manipulation.

2. Looking up att/props is very expensive. The current code for getChar*
getBlock* getSection* props cache's the current properties for a
substantial speed up.