Re: Grammar Checking

From: Charles Goodwin <charlie_at_vexi.org>
Date: Fri Sep 03 2004 - 01:36:34 CEST

On Fri, 2004-09-03 at 08:49 +1000, msevior@physics.unimelb.edu.au wrote:
> Modified pointers to modified blocks are placed in a queue which checks
> them in a background timer. Blocks are the ideal level of granuality for a
> grammar checker as we can be sure the user meant them to consist of one or
> more sentences.

Everything you say makes sense but grammar can be constrained to
sentences and the most responsive way to give feedback would be to check
upon insertion of a fullstop/period (.) rather than at the end of a
block. Of course, I have no idea how much more difficult that would be
to implement... just, as a user, expressing my personal preference. ;)

The block-level stuff sounded satisfactory. But doing it upon '.'
insertion would be just groovy. But then I guess you get into the
debate of whether the '.' was intended to end the sentence and it starts
getting complicated after that.

--
- Charlie
Charles Goodwin <charlie@vexi.org>