Re: Regarding the TOC dialog box in Unix

From: Ryan Pavlik <abiryan_at_ryand.net>
Date: Fri Sep 03 2004 - 03:36:06 CEST

Jordi Mas wrote:

> En/na Ryan Pavlik ha escrit:
>
> Hello Ryan,
>
>> While we are on this topic, there are several dialog boxes on Windows
>> that when you click their default button, the window stays open but
>> the button's action is no longer valid. One of these (and one only)
>> was set
>

> Can you please point out a dialog box under Win32 that has this
> behaviour?

Ahh, yes. The tab box.
My only bugfix. :)
I commented out the line that disabled the button that had the focus
because I didn't know how to do this, and the existing behavior that I
found in other dialogs was the same.
I think also Remove Property from Style in the style stuff does this. I
found at least 3-4 places where the behavior was what I was going to
change the tab dialog to before I did it.

>> to disable the button, but this behavior caused no button to have the
>> focus, breaking keyboard shortcut compatibility. If there is a
>> cross-platform way for me to implement a "SetFocus" type of event,
>> this would improve the interface many times over on Windows. My
>> newfound insight from most Windows users that if it can be clicked,
>> they will click it, and keep clicking if it doesn't do anything, our
>> current behavior. I would be happy to go through and add the code
>> needed, but I could not find out how to set the focus on one of our
>> dialogs.
>

> Well, setting the focus is up to every dialog box object in every
> platform. Under Windows, you basically do that when you get the
> WM_INITDIALOG message. You set the focus and then and return 0. In
> AbiWord world, you do that in the
> call the _onInitDialog method. You call the SetFocus Win32API call,
> and then return 0. See the XAP_Win32Dialog_Encoding::_onInitDialog for
> a real sample.

When I run across some contiguous free time, I shall do so.

> Regards,

Ryan