Re: Regarding the TOC dialog box in Unix

From: Jordi Mas <jmas_at_softcatala.org>
Date: Fri Sep 03 2004 - 00:47:52 CEST

En/na Ryan Pavlik ha escrit:

Hello Ryan,

> While we are on this topic, there are several dialog boxes on Windows
> that when you click their default button, the window stays open but the
> button's action is no longer valid. One of these (and one only) was set

Can you please point out a dialog box under Win32 that has this behaviour?

> to disable the button, but this behavior caused no button to have the
> focus, breaking keyboard shortcut compatibility. If there is a
> cross-platform way for me to implement a "SetFocus" type of event, this
> would improve the interface many times over on Windows. My newfound
> insight from most Windows users that if it can be clicked, they will
> click it, and keep clicking if it doesn't do anything, our current
> behavior. I would be happy to go through and add the code needed, but I
> could not find out how to set the focus on one of our dialogs.

Well, setting the focus is up to every dialog box object in every platform.
Under Windows, you basically do that when you get the WM_INITDIALOG message.
You set the focus and then and return 0. In AbiWord world, you do that in the
call the _onInitDialog method. You call the SetFocus Win32API call, and then
return 0. See the XAP_Win32Dialog_Encoding::_onInitDialog for a real sample.

Regards,

--
Jordi Mas i Hernāndez (homepage http://www.softcatala.org/~jmas)
http://www.softcatala.org