Re: Format IMage dialog screenshot Re: Label naming (fwd)

From: Alan Horkan <horkana_at_maths.tcd.ie>
Date: Sat Sep 04 2004 - 01:45:15 CEST

On Sat, 4 Sep 2004 msevior@physics.unimelb.edu.au wrote:

<snip>
> I'm never very good with these sort of things. Please feel free to use
> your judgement to come up with something better. I just want to make
> sure the features are exposed.

With user interfaces one has the luxury of copy first and improve later,
embrace and extend. You dont have that same luxury when implenting the
feature.
Your brilliant as it is, you cannot be an expert at everything and you
have done the hard part of making something that works.
Me, I'm standing on the shoulders of giants, as it were.

> Oh, more thing. I haven't committed screen shots of the new format image
> dialog yet. One reason I haven't (apart from laziness) is because I wanted
> all these issues settled and to have dialog stable before other platforms
> implement it.

I am not at all current with abiword development, I didn't realise this
was fresh and brand new dialog.

One last thing would it be difficult to take the units be out of the Text
entries and put beside it in drop down menus, to have something more like:

Height [ ] [ pixels [v]
Width [ ] [ inches [v]

Just glad to be a part of it!

- Alan