Re: Auto correct piecetable after loading.

From: <msevior_at_physics.unimelb.edu.au>
Date: Sun Sep 19 2004 - 01:34:45 CEST

> On Sat, Sep 18, 2004 at 11:00:40PM +1000, msevior@physics.unimelb.edu.au
> wrote:
>>
>> Hi Folks,
>>
>> PT should lazy-create blocks, pages, etc... if none exist
>> i don't believe that this is an import-msword problem. i believe that it
>> is a
>> much more general problem - one that uwog encountered before.
>
> Note that my officemate Brian Demsky just submitted a paper to a
> conference where he uses his research to automatically correct bad
> AbiWord data structures. This isn't ready for production use yet,
> though.

Well gee, just making sure there was a block afer a section would have
solved Dom's problem above :-)

I thought we could solve an extra 90% of bad imports with a few if's and
case statements!

I guess the point is that we can tell a document is incorrectly imported
with a few "if" and "case" statements. So if we just did this we'd stop
abiword from crashing which is what it currently does.

Then if we can solve 90% of these bad imports we're further ahead.

If we can solve 99% of these we've prolly reached dimishing returns.

So what does "production ready" mean?

In any case I'm delighted AbiWord is a useful test case for cutting edge
CS research at MIT :-)