Re: layout engine crazy (refuse to use bugzilla)

From: Martin Sevior <msevior_at_physics.unimelb.edu.au>
Date: Wed Sep 22 2004 - 10:44:18 CEST

On Wed, 2004-09-22 at 15:21, Dennis Heuer wrote:
> Hello,

If you refuse to use bugzilla the chances are that each of these
reported failures will be lost forever.

> I installed the latest 2.1.7 which should have fixed about 70 bugs. In my case there only came up several bugs.

> The layout engine was always crazy but now it seems to put a space after every paragraph.

What do you mean? Did you adjust it via the paragraph properties dialog?

> The last line of a justified paragraph looks weird after having re-arranged the paragraph, and only doing something in that line, like deleting this useless space at the end of the line, corrects the layout error.

Yes. I just tried some of your things. There are serious issues with
full justification right now. Especially an undo of changing the number
of colmuns.

> Cutting some text and placing it into the same line changes the font from bitstream to times.

Could you be more specific? Where did you cut the text from? What font
was the surrounding text you pasted into?

> I also could not find any option for setting the default font to bitstream (the system font).

We have some documentation on how to do this. It's a common question.

See:

 http://www.abisource.com/help/en-US/howto/howtonormaltemplate.html

Martin