Re: layout engine crazy (refuse to use bugzilla)

From: <msevior_at_physics.unimelb.edu.au>
Date: Wed Sep 22 2004 - 12:06:10 CEST

Hi Denis,

> Ahh, last but not least: My system language is german. Abiword recognizes
> this and tries to find the german dictionary. However, only about five
> terms in the whole application are in german, the rest is in english.

Just use the "set Language" command in menu->tools->set Language.

Highlight the region of text you want to spell-check in english, then do
the above.

For your doc it sounds like you should do menu-edit->select all first then
do the set language trick.

You can spell check as many language as you have dictionaries. Just set the
region of the document to the language it's written in.

> Abiword is a really weird program. There are so many misbehaviours that I
> could write my master thesis about it.

I agree the Full Justification bugs made things look really weird. It's
fixed now.

Shall abiword be what mozilla is
> for WWW?

What do you mean?