Re: Commit: Cocoa Timer Wacky-ness

From: James Whitwell <abacau_at_yahoo.com.au>
Date: Thu Sep 23 2004 - 01:00:05 CEST

On 23/09/2004, at 1:03 AM, Dom Lachowicz wrote:

> This will probably fix the drawing slowness that we
> are seeing on Mac OSX.
>
> What was happening is that Cocoa timers take arguments
> in seconds, but are really doubles with
> sub-millisecond precision. We pass in integer
> milliseconds. In cases where the # of milliseconds was
> less than 1000, we were using a timer with 1.0 second
> intervals, which is entirely too long for our needs.
>
> People need to test this, but it should hopefully
> behave ok.

Tested here on OSX, works beautifully, well done!

Something I just noticed when testing it was that the cursor gradually
gets further to the right than the text, so by the end of the line, the
cursor's probably 10 pixels further to the right than the end of the
line. Is this a known bug? Couldn't find it in bugzilla.

cheers,
;) james.