Re: Commit (HEAD): Hack: default to en-US help files

From: Mark Gilbert <mg_abimail_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Sun Sep 26 2004 - 21:07:54 CEST

On Sun, 2004-09-26 at 14:46, J.M. Maurer wrote:
> Op zo, 26-09-2004 te 13:51 -0400, schreef Kenneth J. Davis:
> J.M. Maurer wrote:
> > > Hack: Default to en-US help files on www.abisource.com when
> requesting
> > > help files in a locale that does not exist. Better than 404-ing.
> > >

> > Would it not be better to adjust the webserver and not hard code
> > supported languages? This way if new languages become available,
> > they are instantly accessable without upgrading Abi.
>
> I can't think of a non-hackish way to fix this on the webserver as
> well...

I can do it while I'm working on other items of my todo list. It's
simple really...I think.

The hard part for me is finding time, but I don't think it will take
long (I may have time tuesday or thursday, else friday; I'll see when I
get back to gatech).

> NB: imo we should move to DocBook for manuals, so the normal translation
> teams (from GNOME mostly) can work with us to help translate our docs...
> any reason NOT to do this?

No objection to the idea here, but I wouldn't count myself actively for
any change at the moment either.

-MG