Re: new autopackage build

From: Robert Staudinger <robert.staudinger_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu Aug 04 2005 - 14:00:44 CEST

On 8/4/05, Luca Padovani <lpadovan@cs.unibo.it> wrote:
> Hello Robert,
>
> On Thu, 2005-08-04 at 11:37 +0200, Robert Staudinger wrote:
> > so there is another autopackage build:
> > http://www.abisource.com/~rob/tmp/abi-apkg/abiword-2.3-20050803cvs.x8
> > 6.package
> > Link-grammar and wordperfect plugins are included, there is still the
> > nasty dependency-stripping issue that prevents the mathview plugin
> > from working.
>
> What is it exactly that causes problems? Is it anything I can fix in
> gtkmathview?

I'm not sure but i don't think so.
The problem seems to be with autopackage's gcc wrapper apgcc[1]. It
strips bogus dependencies from binaries so they will run on other
distros as well.
Seems like when the abimathview plugin is built too many dependencies
are stripped, so loading the plugin fails on missing symbols.

[1] http://autopackage.org/aptools.html

Thanks for your response,
- Rob